Unix validation tools - Roadmap
I said it already on the index page: It's an exaggeration ;-) I made a simple list of open tasks. After downloading and extracting the package you will find an actual list in the Todo file.
- Installation and configuration using the "Perl way". That means: Switch to ExtUtils::MakeMaker, but first I have to learn how to do the steps I need during the installation process using this module.
- Add a missing feature: The original ckpath creates a not yet existing path, when the -t option was set. I think, this will come soon, it's not a big deal. I have to check the details, how the tools works on a Unix machine.
- Actually the sysvtools.pl program will exit with an error, if it is called under it's real name - there is no tool with this name. I want to add a command line option to make it possible to define the tool to execute. Some letters are unused yet ;-)
- Implement a feature in the SysVTools module to persistently store option sets and to reload them. So it would be possible to create a set of permanently used menus.
- Add a way to store default values in a .rc file to overwrite the tool defaults system wide or per user. So one can define e. g. a different display width without having to define it every time at the command line using the -W option.
- Translate the manual pages and perl documentation to german (not so important for you ;-)
- An uninstall option for the installation
- support of combined options (like -rwx in ckpath)